13 July 2008

one creation

here is one of the first things i made...

I started collecting bottle caps I don't remember how long ago. But I amassed quite a few, and needed a place to put them. I designed this "frame" with help from dad. It is one hefty piece of plywood that I drilled holes in, then painted out the sections. We made little frames for each section and the caps are held in by glass. Each little section can be unscrewed from the back so I can replace caps and reorganize them if I feel like.
This has been on the wall of every house and apartment I have lived in since college. It is very colorful and I like it! I have a TON more bottle caps that need homes now and I am working on that. I also tell my friends to collect caps for me if they go abroad... I have stuff from Japan, Germany, Argentina, and lots of other places now.
I am currently working on some smaller versions of this, so check back later for updates on those.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Awesome! Here is a site you may be interested in (Lauren checks it out quite a bit as well): http://www.designspongeonline.com/