30 July 2008

a collection

I started painting because we had so many walls in the apartments after college... like Sunrise Lane and Edwards Street. We needed decoration and color! Here is some early work:


The small blue, white, and brown one was one of my first paintings. (I think Jim has the VERY first experiment.) I still get compliments on this little buddy. Acrylic on canvas, using painters tape. Same for the green one, and I used a stencil for the stars. The bottle caps are a 2008 addition... and more of those to come. I like this cool-colored grouping. The green CHARLOTTE painting in a previous post was with these, and now I am working on a navy phone book painting to go in it's place in this corner of the house.


This painting was once mistaken for a piece of wood! Nope. Canvas again. With CDs and a roll of tape as stencils for the circles. The lamp belongs to Amanda, and I am giving it a very good home until she needs it again.
Again, if anyone is interested in decorations for their walls, just let me know!

2 comments:

Hannah Chan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah Chan said...

I LOVE all of your artwork! I will take a picture of the painting you made us that is above our TV so you can post it as well. We would love to buy a bottle cap frame as well (I think I told you that before). I think a 5x7 one would be good. Let me know how much!