27 July 2008

dirty laundry

here is a craft project found in ReadyMade magazine's June/July issue...



I stitched this on an old pillowcase. now it will be my reusable travel laundry bag! I am glad I finished this one... I will be heading to the UK in less than a month where I will be sure to test it out. It looks so much better than the plastic grocery bag(s) I usually use for dirty clothes. I will be able to wash it and use it again each time I travel.



I may or may not put a drawstring-like closure... I'll see how the first test goes.

1 comment:

mary said...

I could have used this in my 10 months of traveling!!! Esp. since one volunteer housing site had a 'give-and-take' room. Volunteers would buy linens for their week or so stay then just leave them (clean of course)for other volunteers to use.