30 April 2012

homestretch

Every day we get a little bit closer to finishing the living room & kitchen.  Although, I will probably never really be finished, especially as far as decorating goes.
I had a mostly day off a couple of Fridays ago, so I got some paint and did the whole kitchen by myself before David got home from work.  Bye, bye green.  HELLO Tropical Splash!


I figured I may as well get it done while the appliances were out of the way.  So far, I really like it.  We ordered a rug for the dining area that will hopefully pull everything together.
I was so excited to have the kitchen back together that I have been cooking up a storm.  I tried one new recipe and it came out great:  peanut butter & jelly muffins.


This week, we are putting down the baseboards, shoe moulding, and quarter round.  Then we can put all the furniture back in order.  I hope to have everything back to normal by this weekend.  I will also be making my own curtain rods for the living room windows.  I have not been able to find anything I like online or in any local store.  Check back for updates on that project, plus COMPLETED house project pics!

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Your kitchen looks so DANG GOOD! I've been following all the progress on your blog. The work is amazing.

mary said...

YAY!! You guys made it look so easy....

i'm cathy. said...

Sabrina - can't wait to see you! We should be finished when you come up to CH! That is my goal. So we can have everybody over to see it. party party party party

Mary - I am on a DIY roll here. Next time I visit Richmond I can help you with some projects!

Kate Harris said...

The place does look amazing. And, can I have the recipe for those muffins??

I think I am done stalking your blog now.

i'm cathy. said...

Kate! The PB&J muffin recipe is from the back of the flour package (Pillsbury).
Surprisingly delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of Harris Teeter chocolate chips too.