16 October 2012

bathrooms

The downstairs bathroom is finished!  I actually finished it a little while ago... but now it is CLEAN and finished.  It went from celery green, to way-to-bright teal, to this neutral light brown (Wicker).  I made the triangle pattern on just the back wall.  Same Wicker color, but with a higher gloss finish than the base paint.  We will put artwork up on the back wall, too.  We just have to decide WHAT pieces to go in there.

i know, i know.  We need another light bulb in there. 

subtle. 

so fresh and so clean.

Speaking of bathrooms... Mary and Ben have completely gutted their master bath.  Wowsers.  Here is what it looked like when I visited them in the spring:

there is a hole.  in the floor. 

And here is what it looks like now (well, about 2 weeks ago when I got the picture text):

the tub!!  this cell phone pic does not do justice to the wall color

Major progress!!  Can't wait to see it when it is all the way done. I should mention that while this project is going, they managed to put in a back patio and do a whole heck of a lot of other housework... and that is in their spare time.


So back to my house.  The downstairs office/guest room as been painted!  We are on the hunt for a love seat for that room.  We seem to keep finding chairs we like... but more on those later.  I plan on sprucing up the paint in the upstairs bathroom and the craft room.  I hope to focus outside for the nice days that we have this fall.  I am trying to clean out the back yard to prepare for our grand idea for an outdoor office/work space.  I have a few small projects to make the front yard look nicer, too.
Onwards!!

No comments: