18 December 2011

quickie- part 2

And by "quickie" I mean this one took a LOT longer than the first one. First of all, I wanted pockets. I used a dress I already had as an example, and traced the pockets. No biggie. I had everything all lined up and ready to go, and sewed the best seam ever... to realize then that I sewed the pocket on inside out. Doh! I got good use out of the seam ripper, and everything turned out fine. The second side I was sure to attach in the correct direction. I love the fallish color and pattern. Although I am sure I will be rocking this all year round with boots & tights, or flats or sandals.




This is the same fabric I used when making Mary's nesting bowls. More bowls to come, and I am working on a schmancy beaded boudoir pillow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i suppose one day you'll get sick of hearing me say this... you make super adorable things and would do so well to sell your sewing creations on etsy. maybe that's not what you want out of them, so maybe i should shut my big mouth. but i mean it!