05 September 2010

family dinner

My Grandmother came to NC for Mary's wedding last weekend and is staying with my folks for an extended vacation. They all drove up to Durham for an evening at the Dwyer-Winton house.

The Menu:

breaded & baked eggplant slices with roasted tomato sauce (tomatoes from my garden!)

lemon pepper chicken on top of mixed greens with balsamic dressing

pea & parmesan risotto

baked brie with mixed berry preserves, served with baguette

coffee and chocolate biscotti

I was a little bit behind schedule with cooking times, but everything went well. I was so excited to entertain that I forgot to take pictures!! The eggplant dish was inspired by our recent cooking class at Revolution. The baked brie looked good, and tasted even better. I had fun planning the menu, getting out all my serving dishes, and trying new recipes. It was a lot of fun hanging out and having a relaxing dinner with family. Who wants to be my next dinner party guests?

Plus, Mom and Grandmom showed lots of love for L&L as they tried on jewelry and made some purchases. THANK YOU!! I made some new things this morning and they'll be up in the shop soon.

UPDATE: Mom snapped some pics that evening!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

we will gladly be your dinner party guests. anytime you feel the need to feed. i'm like one of those people that goes on facebook and comments on a photo from 2 years ago.