26 June 2010

vintage

I don't usually post about non-created things... but today I have to. I checked out Good Bones Vintage in Chapel Hill, NC. Very cool. A small space, but the stock changes almost daily. I got this fabulous casserole/serving dish with a lid:

I don't think I had ever seen anything from mid-century design in this color combo. And it is made in the USA! Estimated to be from around 1956. I am in the market for a bookshelf for the craft room so I will definitely be checking Good Bones again and often.

Other recent acquisitions... Beautiful floor lamp from David's aunt (which belonged to his great-aunt). Very well built and HEAVY. This thing was built to last.


Mixed-Material end table from Aunt June and Uncle David. The lamp goes with this perfectly! I love the metal edge details and the dark glass top.



I continue to look for cake stand supplies at thrift stores. Next I will keep my eye out for fun vintage fabrics to cover cork pieces for a bulletin board. I am getting the upstairs office/craft room organized and why not make it fun and cute?

No comments: