30 November 2014

baby blocks

I made some decorations for Mary's baby shower!


I had planned a craft activity that involved drawing with fabric markers on little squares of fabric.  Since her baby decided to make his debut THAT MORNING, the baby shower didn't really happen!  Plenty of family and friends still stopped by so we got some fabric decorated.

Here is what those fabric squares, along with some of my other project extras, turned into:





I made a little prototype with other scrap fabric.  Maeve gets the tester block!



David requested one for our Magpie, so I tried a different shape:



Each soft little block is about 5" by 5" by 5" and has a rattle inside.  I also added some fun ribbon tags. Maggie likes to grab them by the tag and shake shake shake! The blocks are potentially good for baby golf & croquet.  Maeve and Maggie got to practice a little bit over Thanksgiving.  Maybe Jack will be ready to play at Christmas!

No comments: