09 July 2013

little collections

After touching up the walls in the bedroom MONTHS ago, we finally got some artwork back up.  It is feeling complete again in the bedroom.  I made these teeny tiny little things:


Hannah gave me these lil' canvas babes in a craft box for my birthday in April.

Also in April, I got some fancy earrings.  I love them.  I do not wear them very often, as exercise and GIANT fancy earrings tend not to mix.   Most of my earrings are in a ceramic egg crate, and they are studs so it makes sense.  I did not want to store these like that... so I put them on the wall!  Then I was inspired to make a little collection of fancy lady things.

art deco in the house


Nothing says (old) lady more like cross-stitch amiright? And nothing says fancy like displaying your jewelry on the wall.  I love it.

To continue decorating the bedroom, I am going to take some neat-looking bottles and make a little collection with fake flowers- I can always swap in fresh ones when we have guests.

And speaking of little collections, I gathered these babies in Alabama last year around Thanksgiving.  We may have the opportunity to visit the gulf coast again this year and I can't wait to find more tiny whole shells.

the black one is the size of a dime

And finally, here is my collection of (mostly) living things by the window!  The guy on the far left was a wedding favor from Alex & Adam, and is still kicking after almost 2 years!




No comments: